The most commonly asked question is, "How do I get my kids to listen?" In today's episode, we unpack simple shifts we can make to help parents gain cooperation.
Children don't just listen; we have to teach them how to listen, and for every child, that looks different. In today's episode, I give the listening do's and don'ts.
What we cover on how to get your kids to listen:
- Do get ahead of it. Try to anticipate what your child might struggle with, and set up a framework before the activity.
- Don't give multiple reminders.
- Do attach an action to your direction.
- Do take short breaks to help with emotional regulation
- What does discipline mean?
- Go easy on yourself. If you didn't follow through one day, it's OK!
- Gaining cooperation isn't always easy, but the more we can help kids when they're younger, the easier it gets as they get older.
I hope you found this episode helpful, for more parenting tips check out my website and blog for more information. https://theparentingreframe.com/
Make sure to sign up for my weekly newsletter and get other free resources. https://theparentingreframe.com/free-resources/
Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/theparentingreframe/
If you would like a personalized approach to help reframe how you parent, check out my coaching options https://theparentingreframe.com/parent-coaching-packages/