In this episode, we are talking about a common mistake, most well-intended parents make is that we have to teach and explain the behavior away.
We are reframing one of the most common things I see well-intended parents do; offering detailed explanations to your child, hoping this will encourage positive behaviors. We unpack why explanations are not the answer, and I ask you to consider the "why" underneath the behavior. If you are ready to tackle your child's challenging behaviors, listen to this episode and start to unpack what your child's behavior is communicating to you.
What we talk about for the most common mistake parents make:
- Explanations are not the same as consequences
- Children are in a constant state of learning
- Developmentally appropriate behaviors and fostering healthy neurological development
- How to understand what your child's behavior is communicating
- Tackling challenging behaviors using simple and loving practices
I hope you found this episode helpful, for more parenting tips check out my website and blog for more information. https://theparentingreframe.com/
Make sure to sign up for my weekly newsletter and get other free resources. https://theparentingreframe.com/free-resources/
Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/theparentingreframe/
If you would like a personalized approach to help reframe how you parent, check out my coaching options https://theparentingreframe.com/parent-coaching-packages/