In this episode, we talk with Faten Saad, a social worker, mom of three, and founder of Authentically at Peace, a social media platform, where she is dedicated to helping women through mental health issues and parenting struggles. We talk about reframing parenting, how multigenerational trauma can affect the way we parent, and how she uses Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to help her clients and all moms reconsider the way they parent today.
In this episode, I had the pleasure to chat with Faten Saad, a social worker, mom of three, and my personal friend. Faten is the founder of Authentically at Peace, a social media platform, where she is dedicated to helping women through mental health issues and parenting struggles. She shares her insights about reframing parenting, how multigenerational trauma can affect the way we parent, and how she uses Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to help her clients and all moms reconsider the way they parent today.
What we talk about reframing parenting with Faten Saad
- The overwhelm of parenting and how it’s attributed to nervous system dysregulation.
- How trauma presents in a parent’s journey and how to reframe those thoughts.
- Reflecting on the way we were parented and how generational trauma can be passed down and affect the way we parent today.
- Creating awareness around intergenerational trauma and realizing smaller events may have caused trauma.
- Having compassion for yourself when you’re reparenting yourself.
- Taking feelings of blame and shame and looking at them from a place of curiosity rather than judgment in order to feel validation for your emotions.
- Grounding yourself as a parent when your child’s behaviors or emotions make you uncomfortable and allowing them the space and support to work through those feelings.
- Labeling children’s attributes limits the ways we can parent them “terrible twos”
- What setting boundaries look like for different types of parents and finding a middle ground.
- Common cognitive behavioral therapy tools parents can use in their everyday lives.
- Dr. Gabor Matte - https://drgabormate.com/
- Dr. Nicole LePera - https://www.instagram.com/the.holistic.psychologist/?hl=en
- Dr. Shefali - The Conscious Parent - https://www.drshefali.com/the-conscious-parent/
- Patrick Teahan Therapy - https://www.instagram.com/patrickteahantherapy/?hl=en
You can find Faten on TikTok - https://www.tiktok.com/@authenticallyatpeace
and on Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/authentically_atpeace/
She provides resources to positively impact moms through their parenting journey.
For more information about reframing parenting, check out my free PARR Webinar https://stan.store/theparentingreframe/p/free-parr-workshop-download
If you would like to do my 8-week 1:1 coaching with me to get a custom road map on how best to tune into your child’s needs, book a free call to see if we are a good fit. https://stan.store/theparentingreframe/theparentingreframe_store/page/51536
I hope you found this episode helpful; for more parenting tips, check out my website and blog for more information. https://theparentingreframe.com/
Make sure to sign up for my weekly newsletter and get other free resources. https://theparentingreframe.com/free-resources/
Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/theparentingreframe/