In this episode, we are talking about balancing being a mom and an entrepreneur with a fellow Detroit mom, Emily Kay. I loved talking with Emily about her journey about being in the forefront of work on Social media content management to being an entrepreneur and mother of 4. We discuss the positive and negatives of social media and her experience of writing her fiction book.
We are talking about balancing being a mom and an entrepreneur in this episode with my friend Emily, another Detroit mom. This was such an exciting episode to hear Emily’s journey of the early start of social media management and where she ended up. We go over the positive and negative of social media,and safety for your children. We go over how Emily balances her life and work with baby #4 on the way, all while writing a fiction book. This is a great conversation to hear a success story from a mother doing it all, we need more of this to keep inspiring other moms to go after what they love to do.
What we go over on balancing being a mom and an entrepreneur:
- Emily’s exciting journey to where she is now.
- The high expectations we put on ourselves as mothers.
- What balance really looks like as a mother.
- We discuss the book On Our Best Behavior by Elise Loehnen - she goes over how are value is rooted in our productivity.
- How to handle the writing without letting your head get in the way.
- Just keep doing what you are passionate about and you will get better as you go.
- You have to have a lot of courage and heart, there will always be critics but you just show up and keep doing what you are doing.
- The only way to get better is to get comfortable with being green at one point and know that you will get better.
- We need more mothers doing what they love with work and having a family to pave th way for other mothers to do the same.
- The good of one is the good of the whole, every mother has their own personal story and there is room for everyone. Women need to get out of the competition and envious mindset of each other.
- Emily talks about the positives and negatives of Social media, especially after being a part of the original team with Social media management and ads.
- We go over about sharing your children on social media.
- Finding your balance on what works for you when using social media and which platform works best for you and your niche.
- How having one main hub for your content is important.
- Elizabeth Gilbert book ‘Big Magic’ - she believes that ideas are a living breathing thing.
- How mothers are the unsung heroes with the work they do every day.
- Emily’s journey of writing her fiction book.
More about Emily Kay
Emily Kay is a creative consultant who specializes in digital marketing and content creation for brands, and is also a professional writer who is currently working on her debut novel.
She currently lives in metro Detroit with her husband and their three children, with their 4th and final baby due in October.
Here is the link to find out more about the book we discuss by Elise Loehnen https://www.eliseloehnen.com/onourbestbehavior
Here is the link to find out more about what we discussed on Elizabeth Gilbert’s book, Big Magic. https://www.elizabethgilbert.com/
If you would like to do my 8-week 1:1 coaching with me to get a custom road map on how best to tune into your child’s needs, book a free call to see if we are a good fit. https://stan.store/theparentingreframe/theparentingreframe_store/page/51536
I hope you found this episode helpful; for more parenting tips, check out my website and blog for more information. https://theparentingreframe.com/
Make sure to sign up for my weekly newsletter and get other free resources. https://theparentingreframe.com/free-resources/
Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/theparentingreframe/
If you would like a personalized approach to help reframe how you parent, check out my coaching options https://theparentingreframe.com/parent-coaching-packages/