In this episode, I am going over how to handle tantrums in public. This is one of my most asked questions, so I want to go over this more in depth with this question than I have on social media. This is an important question that is a tough one and a common situation all parents have.
In this episode, we are going to dive a little deeper into how to handle tantrums in public. I will give some different solutions and ways to approach this problem. This is a common issue that we all have. I go over how to take the time to see how we handle tantrums at home and ways to handle these situations in public.
Tips for handling tantrums in public:
- The difference between tantrums in public vs tantrums at home.
- Parents feel very exposed when tantrums happen in public, the reactions will change compared to at home.
- Why your energy level is heightened in a public setting and how your child notices this.
- Why asking yourself how you handle tantrums at home will help when you are in public.
- The difference between secondary re-enforcement vs. redirecting.
- The reasons why you want your kiddos to have tantrums at home; make sure you have empathy and are holding space for the tantrums.
- There are certain times when it’s good to redirect your child’s behavior.
- Tips on how to handle situations when you know that a tantrum will happen.
- Frame the situation ahead of time with scripts to help avoid a tantrum, grab my freebie, How to Get your kids to listen, to help with this.
- How to handle your kids from not hitting or throwing, why time outs aren’t my favorite for this.
- Why talking during a tantrum does not help.
Here is the link to join The Parenting Reset, which will start on January 13th, there are only two spots left.
I hope you found this episode helpful, for more parenting tips check out my website and blog for more information. https://theparentingreframe.com/
Make sure to sign up for my weekly newsletter and get other free resources. https://theparentingreframe.com/free-resources/
Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/theparentingreframe/
If you would like a personalized approach to help reframe how you parent, check out my coaching options https://theparentingreframe.com/parent-coaching-packages/