In this episode, I am giving tips for a less stressful holiday with your kids. I have been getting a lot of questions about the holidays, so I will go over some of them and give tips on keeping calm during the holidays.
The holidays can be a stressful time, especially for your children who are used to their routines. We want a perfect holiday, but sometimes we need to adjust our expectations of how that looks. Here are some tips on helping you enjoy the holidays a little bit more.
Tips for a less stressful holiday:
- Adjust your expectations of how the holidays should look.
- Don’t force the thank you. They do not understand why.
- Let them know why they should be thankful, and model it for them.
- Tips on how you can say thank you after the fact.
- Consider where and what you are saying yes to.
- Check in with yourself on what really matters, not trying to have everything perfect. Make a list of have-to’s and then what you tell yourself has to be done but doesn’t.
- Try to stick to a schedule. It’s ok if you can’t. Don’t beat yourself up.
- Have a grounding practice to help stay calm. Check out Episode 7 for more tips on this from my friend Harmony Slater.
- Don’t add more to your plate; look to simplify things. Even a 2 min meditation can help. Whatever works best for you.
- Starfish breathing benefits kids when they need to relax or start the day.
- At the end of the day, anchor yourself and look back at 3 things that were wins that day. They don't have to be big, just a simple smile from your child is a win!
Here is the link to join The Parenting Reset, which will start on January 13th, there are only a few spots left.
Check out Episode 7 with Harmony Slater on how to help stay calm. This is a good one to listen to this time of year.
Here is the app I use for mediation.
I hope you found this episode helpful, for more parenting tips check out my website and blog for more information. https://theparentingreframe.com/
Make sure to sign up for my weekly newsletter and get other free resources. https://theparentingreframe.com/free-resources/
Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/theparentingreframe/
If you would like a personalized approach to help reframe how you parent, check out my coaching options https://theparentingreframe.com/parent-coaching-packages/