In this episode, I go over the 5 things I would never do as a parenting coach. This has been a popular Tik Tok trend, so I thought it would be fun to weigh in on it! We go over the 5 things I would never do and why. I share many tips to help you navigate challenging times as a mother.
MetroParent asked me to write an article on The 5 Things I Would Never Do as a Parenting Coach, and I thought it would be fun to join the TikTok trend. I go over my top 5, and ways to reframe the situation to help you and your kiddos thrive.
The 5 Things I Would Never Do as a Parenting Coach:
- Why I don’t make kiddos apologize for their behaviors.
- We go over why this is not teaching your children empathy.
- Even though your child’s behavior is not always great, this does not mean you have a bad kid or are doing a bad job as a parent.
- Why I will never feel afraid of making mistakes as a parent.
- How to use the 80/20 rule when you feel bad for yelling at your child.
- Why using the moments when you aren’t doing your best parenting is the perfect time to help teach your child about how to reset and repair the situation.
- Why giving yourself grace is so essential for you and your kiddo.
- Why confidence is gained through competence.
- It’s hard, but we must let our kids go through struggles.
- What experience stacking is and why it’s important.
- 5 - 6-year-olds should have better coping skills and fewer tantrums; if not, they just need extra help dealing with difficult situations.
- How I still have a hard time not stepping in to help with my grown children.
- Why I never try to control the outcome.
- Your child’s path may be very different from what you expected. Pay attention to the reasons why.
- I tell a story from a professor from my college days about why giving our kids the space to learn works and is important for the learning process.
- Why I would never parent from a rigid place.
MetroParent article - The 5 Things I Would Never Do as a Parenting Coach
Here is the link to join The Parenting Reset, which will start in January.
I hope you found this episode helpful, for more parenting tips check out my website and blog for more information. https://theparentingreframe.com/
Make sure to sign up for my weekly newsletter and get other free resources. https://theparentingreframe.com/free-resources/
Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/theparentingreframe/
If you would like a personalized approach to help reframe how you parent, check out my coaching options https://theparentingreframe.com/parent-coaching-packages/